In preparation, Better Business Bureau suggests homeowners get their air conditioning units checked by a trustworthy professional to make sure it’s in good working order so to avoid air conditioning repair.
Don’t get burned by hiring the wrong service company. Nationally, BBB received nearly 1,000 complaints against residential air conditioning service companies in 2013. Complaints against AC service contractors often allege problems with the final price or payment process, as well as complaints that the service was ineffective.
If you’re due for an upgrade, spending a little money on improvements can save you a lot over time. Air sealing is one of the quickest ways to cut your heating and cooling costs. Also, you can visit the Energy Saver website for DIY Savings Projects that provide step-by-step instructions on how to weatherstrip your windows and seal air leaks with caulk.
There is a growing industry of professionals who are qualified to make recommendations to homeowners on how to improve the overall energy efficiency of their homes. Be sure to use a certified energy auditor.
According to Energy.gov, turning your thermostat back from its normal setting by seven to 10 degrees for eight hours a day can save you as much as 10 percent a year on heating and cooling costs. Small changes have big results.
Unplug devices that aren’t being used
Keep air vents open
Replace traditional bulbs
Turn off lights when you leave
Change the filter
Install a programmable thermostat
BBB offers this advice when hiring a trustworthy air conditioning contractor:
• Consult your owner’s manual. Before doing anything, check the warranty on your current air conditioning unit to determine whether any tune-ups, repairs or replacements may be covered.
• Hire a professional to maintain your heating and cooling system. Arrange for annual maintenance with a qualified technician. This includes checking the airflow over the coil, testing for the correct fluid (refrigerant) level, checking the combustion process and ensuring proper air-flow to each room.
• Research the company. Visit bbb.org for the BBB Business Review of any air conditioning service or energy auditor you plan to hire to learn details about the company, like its history of complaints.
• Check licensing. The Department of Licensing and Regulation requires a license for heating, ventilation and air conditioning technicians and electricians. Ask to see a copy of the license before work starts.
• Compare prices. Get at least three estimates in writing. All bids should provide a full description of the services provided and the materials used.
Central AC Repair in El Paso and Las Cruces.
Even with the most diligent maintenance done for your central air conditioning system, you’ll likely need some repair work done at some point in time. In order for you to feel confident during the entire process of your AC system being repaired, it’s important that you seek out a business that you can trust with this job. Knowing what to ask before having a specialist visit your home for central AC repair can help clear up any uncertain feelings and allow you to get your system repaired in a timely manner.
Understanding the average cost of several popular repair services can help ensure that you’re getting a fair price for the work that you’ll need done in your home. A lot of people make the mistake of rushing into getting their air conditioning system repaired without requesting quotes initially, resulting in them being surprised by the cost once it’s time to pay.
Along with considering the costs from air conditioning repair businesses, it’s important that you become familiar with the services that are generally done. Sticking with an air conditioning business that is able to perform everything from installation jobs to difficult repair work can help ensure that you’re choosing the best choice for the repair that you need.
Requesting a time frame for the repair work that you need done can help give you the peace of mind that your central AC system will be working properly very soon. Depending on the extent of the repairs that need to be done, you’ll likely be able to get a timeline for how long the repairs will take and how soon you can expect the system to be working again. It’s also helpful to look into when the business will be able to visit your home so that you can know how soon the repairs will be completed.
If you want the very best customer service and professional results, we urge you to contact us right away for local central AC repair services.
The guys in the yellow booties are here for all your air conditioner repair needs, along with expert swamp cooler conversions. Look to the pros if you have any questions about converting to refrigerated air conditioning with SoBellas. Call us with questions like, how much does refrigerated air cost or anything about refrigerated air conversion.
Also check us out Facebook